Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Bank IT Security Officer
Bellingham, WA 98226 United States
3100 Woburn Street
Peoples Bank offers a comprehensive benefit package and opportunity for advancement.
The Bank Security Officer is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all bank security activities to mitigate risk and prevent losses. This position is focused on cyber-security overseeing the daily management of cyber-security programs and providing strategic input to assure continuity, evolution and effectiveness of cyber security programs for customer services and bank infrastructure. This position acts as the board approved Customer Information Security (CIS) Officer. This position is responsible for coordinating compliance with laws and regulations related to security across business units.
Education, training, experience:
1. Develops implements and oversees administration all segments of the Bank’s Security Program including technical, electronic, procedural and physical security.
2. Monitors developing banking technology to assess security of customer products and services to provide risk assessments and recommendations for mitigating security risks.
3. Ensures compliance with and reporting of regulatory requirements including but not limited to the FFIEC Guidelines, Regulation H, Security Program, GLBA Risk Assessment, Incident Response Program
4. Acts as board appointed CIS Officer, facilitating CIS Committee and completing annual GLBA Risk Assessment.
5. Acts as Incident Response Team Leader to develop and manage investigative procedures for all security breaches or incidents to ensure timely remediation of systems compromises and/or identified vulnerabilities
6. Manages Security Group daily process for account monitoring and investigation of suspected criminal, fraudulent or suspicious activity.
7. Is a member and provides security expertise top Risk Assessment Committee (RAC)
8. Collaborates with Senior Operations Manager and IT Manager to design and document security components for customer products and services, internal processes, ensuring that the bank’s employees, customers, facilities, assets, records and proprietary information are protected.
9. Ensures bank and department security programs document and retain necessary records of investigations for potential legal action and regulatory compliance
10. Supports and participates in IT and Security related audits and regulatory examinations.
11. Collaborates with IT Manager in review of SSAE 16 audits for vendor due diligence.
12. Coordinates investigation of internal security breaches, compromise of customer information, theft or fraud, involving employees with Bank’s Human Resources department.
13. Reports to department managers and executive management employee policy violations that may become security issues.
14. Acts as liaison with law enforcement officers and legal counsel.
15. Works with Training Department to facilitate and promote security awareness across the organization.
16. Works with Marketing Department to facilitate and promote security awareness to clients.
17. Maintains current security expertise of banking industry standards and best practices.
18. Ensures documentation of security controls in supporting application development and support services for products and services offered to clients
19. Submits Security Report to Board of Directors.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. College degree in applicable field required
2. CPP or CFSSP certificates preferred or eligibility requirements met and willingness to complete.
3. Five years IT Security Specialist or IT experience required.
4. Banking security, fraud or loss prevention experience required.
5. Highly developed and proven banking and information technology knowledge required
6. Management experience required
7. Ability to complete financial analysis
8. Knowledge of finance, accounting, auditing and compliance procedures required
9. Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required
10. Understanding of lending and loan policies and procedures required
11. Demonstrated experience with Word and Excel required.
12. Professional demeanor and high regard for confidentiality required
Terms & Conditions